Brown|Olcott represents community associations in initial formation, election and voting issues, amendment of articles of incorporation, amendment of bylaws, amendment of CC & R1s, interpretation of governing documents, opinion letters, assessment issues, transfers and acquisitions of property, and other corporate issues.
LEGAL RETAINER PLAN ($50 Plan)
To help our community association clients better budget for legal expenses, PB&J offers most legal services bundled together for a fixed monthly amount. In our experience, not having to worry about being charged for every telephone call or email encourages community association clients to contact us regularly. We prefer our clients to contact us since involving the attorney early on in the process while the process is manageable helps prevent big ugly unmanageable problems down the road. Frankly its less work for manager, the Board, and most the firm in the long run to get us involved early on.
For this reason, PB&J was the first in the state to develop the Legal Retainer Plan (”$50 Plan”) to enhance our communications with clients and help manage the legal issues of the association.
For $50 per month, the plan offers an Association:
- Unlimited telephone time and emails between any member of our firm and one representative of the BOD and the association manager regarding general operating procedures
- One meeting each year with the BOD
- Monthly BOD meetings by telephone
- Our services as Statutory Agent for the association
- Assistance with filing of the corporate annual reports
- An annual summary of relevant legislation and case law
- Review of month Board meeting minutes
- Review of the management agreement before renewal, and a verbal report to the designated association representative.
Other services outside the scope of the items listed above are provided at a flat fee or at competitive hourly rates. (See Covenant Enforcement for example) Our rates vary, depending on the experience and expertise of the person rendering the service. The Firm will use legal assistants, paralegals and support staff on legal matters where appropriate. We pride ourselves on providing timely, efficient and cost effective service. Staffing decisions are made with these objectives in mind.